Saturday, January 3, 2009

A New Year

What am I finished reading?
Iron Horse Review, The HolidayIssue; Cimarron Review, Summer 2008; Mississippi Review V36, N3; the Iowa Review 38/1.
What am I reading right now?
Mark Budman's novel, My Life at First Try. So far, I really like it. I love the short episodic nature of his chapters. I like it that he tried something different with narrative. I love the voice of it and the cultural details around living in Russia. I'll let you know how well I really like it, when I'm finished.
What did I dream last night?
I dreamt that my deck on my house started falling apart and that I was sleeping outside in this shed in front of my house. Then I was at the school where I teach and I was taking some weird sex class that I couldn't figure out how to pay for. Then I had to get home to my kids, but I had to take this strange kind of vehicle owned by one of the teachers. It had a weird gear shift, like a tractor. I was driving it crazy and fireworks were going off in the field nearby. Okay, that's strange. Shall we interpret that? Home, kids, sex, money, work. Yeah, I'm not hard to figure out.
What am I going to do today?
Write something new. Revise two stories that need work. Journal about my idea for a novel. Ieee. Exercise first so I can establish my priorities.