Friday, May 2, 2008

Back pain and Literature

Okay, so I go to get an injection in my back and the doctor says that I have arthritis in my L4 joint. What exactly does that mean? I say. She says, you have no cartilage left between these two bones. I can't see any. OUCH! So she gives me an injection there to see if that's the spot and now we wait. The funny thing is--people respond to my back pain entry, but not to comments about writing. This is what's happening to us--we're getting older. The problem is, all the doctors kept saying, but you're not old enough to have arthritis. I keep telling them--aerobics! I taught aerobics for twenty years: high-impact, step, low-impact, you name it. I ran for so long, I broke my foot in two places. Now, all I can do is walk. I guess I'm going to have to switch to swimming or yoga.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you thought about wearing a SACROILIAC BELT around your pelvis? What it does is that by providing the correct balance of resistance and resilience, it re-establishes the joint’s normal motion, thus relieves stress and instability at these weight bearing structures.

The price of SI belts are in reasonable range these days, average cost is about $40 USD. I know a lot of people who wear SI belts, and I've read some astonishing testimonials about it. There are many SI belts out there, but Serola SI Belt seems to be the best one as far as quality, comfort, and price are considered. Check out their website for more: http://www.serola.net
Hope it will help. Good luck to you!

Jamey Genna said...

Rick,
Thanks for the advice. I actually tried one of these on and thought it felt so much better. Since I'm a writer, I could probably (especially) use one while I'm sitting at the computer, writing. It's not a poor posture thing--it's a sore joint thing and I think, even though I received a shot that seems to be helping alleviate the pain, this belt is a good idea to avoid further deterioration. Thanks again.
J

Unknown said...

www0728

jordans
ed hardy uk
canada goose outlet
golden goose shoes
ray ban eyeglasses
air jordan 4
coach outlet
pandora charms
ralph lauren uk
coach factory outlet







5689 said...

zzzzz2018.8.7
yeezy boost 350 v2
coach outlet
cheap ray bans
jordan shoes
ugg boots
canada goose outlet
salomom shoes
jordan 4
christian louboutin shoes
michael kors outlet online

Tasting with Tiffany said...

Appreciate this blogg post